Tuesday, February 10, 2015

dentist.

I need to take a minute to brag on my little guy. Nate had a dentist appointment yesterday and knocked it out of the park. No tears and no anxieties -- just happy and acted like a little ham the entire time. The dentist is not my favorite place to go, so I'm so glad that we found an amazing pediatric dentist practice in our area for N to have the best experience possible.

The dental hygienist that N had was so upbeat and fun. He really liked her, which made the cleaning process absolutely seamless. My favorite Nathan-ism from the visit?

Hygienist: What flavor vitamins do you want me to put on your teeth? 
Nathan: Ninja.


Nate's cleaning went so well that they actually did x-rays! He had never done gotten them done before (because he's been far too wiggly every other time). The amount of praise that he got definitely helped him stay calm and incredibly still. Plus, one of the walls in the x-ray room looks like you're in outer space. I've never seen anyone smile so much for an x-ray!


After we saw the dentist and got the cavity-free seal of approval, N got a balloon, his goodie bag with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and a token to use at one of their machines to get a prize. Such a great visit! If you live in the Northern Virginia area and are looking for a pediatric dentist, I highly recommend this awesome practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment