Tuesday, November 26, 2013

staycation.

I'm not very good at using my paid time off in normal increments, so I am finishing this year with a bang - the whole week of both Thanksgiving and Christmas off, no plans to go anywhere, and I'll still be rolling over about 80 hours of time off into next year.

So, since I'm home this week, I thought we would use one of our daycare "vacation weeks" so that we only pay half price. On one hand, my eyes want to pop out of my head that we have to pay at all, but I've talked to lots of people lately who have to pay full price, even when they are out. I'll count my half-blessing and keep going.

Yesterday, we went to our local House of Bounce and had a great time at their 'open bounce' time. With only five kids there, Nate pretty much had the run of the place and I even did all of the slides and bouncing with him! Side note: I am super sore today. We had a great time and I'm not sure who was more exhausted when we were done.


With Nate being home, I have a few comedic gems to share, that I'll likely add to throughout this week:

In the car waiting for open bounce time:
Nathan: Mommy, I have to go potty - peep, peep!
Me: I'm not sure if the building is open yet. Do you just want to go pee pee in this empty cup?
Nathan: Yes!
[a few moments later after some crafty repositioning]
Nathan: Mommy, you're going to miss! You're going to miss!
Me: No, I won't. I'm holding the cup, just go.
Nathan: It's on the wrong side.
Me: [after a light bulb went off] Oh dear Lord. Let's go see if we can get them to open early. Stop! Do not do anything!
Nathan: But Mommy, I want to poop in the cup!

Getting out of the car after driving in the rain: 
Me: Nathan, please do not lick Mommy's car.
Nathan: But it's tasty!

While getting in some old fashioned pretend play time: 
Nathan: [pointing to a toy 3" away] Mommy, the crocodile is in the sea!
Me: So are you in the sea, too?
Nathan: [with the MOST condescending look I've seen from a 3 year old] Umm, no Mom. I am on the floor in my room.


About 10 minutes Chris accidentally stepped on Nathan's toes:
Me: [poking my head into Nate's room to see if he's okay playing with his toys] You doing okay, buddy?
Nate: No, Daddy stepped on my toes. Tell Daddy that I'm mad at him.
Me: Okay, I can do that.
Nate: Wait! [waving arms emphatically] No, no, no, no, no! Don't tell him. I'm not mad anymore.

Chris trying to get Nate to talk to him: 
Chris: I just want to talk to you. Promise you won't run away.
Nate: Okay. [promptly leaves the room]
Chris: Nate, you said you wouldn't run away.
Nate: I didn't - I walked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment