Wednesday, October 9, 2013

cox farms, vol 2.

We had a family outing with some friends over the weekend and went to Cox Farms. We went last year and had so much fun! Granted, the admission is a little steep ($17 per person over 2 years old on the day that we went), but it is so worth it!

Last year, Nathan was a little more reserved, a little more likely to stick with me before venturing out to try something new. This go round, we had a hard time keeping up with him. I don't know how many slides he went down over, and over, and over again. Toddlers like repetition, right?


One thing that I love about this place is that the adults can join in on all of the action!


Nate even convinced me to go down the really big slide with him. Generally heights don't bother me that much but when drops are involved, my stomach gets queasy. I'm happy to say that we both giggled the whole (very long) way down.


We're planning on going back to Cox Farms in a few weeks, so we didn't feel completely compelled to get through every little activity this time. We took it slow and, while it was a beautiful day, it was so hot outside! But wasn't the sky just gorgeous? We got a little sun!


Nate tried the rope swing this year. While he didn't get too far, I saw a little spark light up in his eyes. I'm sure my mini-Tarzan will be trying to swing on everything now and by next year (or our next visit), he'll want to spend lots more time on this one.


Nate also loved the pigs and spent a long time watching them walk around, eat, and do their 'business'. Of course, the 'business' part was just so funny to Nathan. Such a boy!


I'm so happy to have these family outings on the weekends! It's so much fun to go see things through Nathan's eyes and to see how our visits change over time. Last year's experience was so much fun, but so different than this year's. I love that Nate can pick and choose what he wants to do (even if tearing off running is his way of 'telling' us), that he is so much more confident in jumping into new activities, and that we didn't have to bring a stroller or diapers! Change is good! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment