Thursday, May 22, 2014

summer wish list.

As far as I am concerned, summer is here! The weather is warming up, lawn maintenance is in full swing, and for the first time in a long time, no one is in school! I finished up my graduate certificate in Academic Advising through Kansas State University in December and hubby just wrapped up his second to last class for his Master's. I think I may be more excited for him to graduate than he is! One Master's thesis stands between us and having a little bit of free time back!

One day I'll finish up my Master's. I'm about a third of the way done with it, but then I got side tracked taking the grad cert for a different program at a different school. I work in higher ed and I know better than to jump around so much, but for now, mama needs a break!

I made a list (because that's what I do) of the top three things that everyone wants to do this summer:

Me:
  • Go to the beach. I desperately need a vacation! 
  • Get Nate into swimming lessons. Sink or swim, kiddo.
  • Repaint the dining room; I have major regret for wanting to paint it red when we bought our house. I blame the pregnancy hormones. 
Chris: 
  • Go to the beach
  • See movies at the actual theatre 
  • Sleep (Hey, I got two-ish real wishlist items, I'll take it)
Nate: 
  • Build a snowman (somebody's been watching too much Frozen and singing some "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?", ehh?) 
  • Sleep outside (I'm assuming this means camping)
  • Play with plants (Good luck with this one, kid. I do not have a green thumb - plants last a week, tops, with me)
Well it looks like we'll definitely try to get to the beach. I'm ready for some time to relax with our little family! 


No comments:

Post a Comment