Friday, October 12, 2012

creativity crisis.

I read an article for a graduate class that I am taking, based on student development, that essentially discussed how today's children are actually declining in creativity from future generations and how innovative children grow to innovative adults. Want to read it? By all means, go for it!

My takeaway was that I want to really encourage Nate's little mind to be as creative as possible in these formative years, so I need to step outside my fear of crayon walls and paint on the floor to help him stay inquisitive and possibly ahead of the curve. So, my resolve is to cut out the t.v. and up the art projects, reading, and pretend play. 

Yesterday's venture with paint was .... interesting. I tried the Crayola Wonder kind, that only appears on special paper. I didn't realize that it was a goopy, translucent and NOT colored at all type a paint. Clean, yes....confusing to Nate, yes. I don't know how many times I had to coax him out of not eating it.  In any case, a cute project came out of it. Here's my little goober! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment