Sunday, April 8, 2012

fifty-five, and counting.

We celebrated my mom's 55th birthday last night with a trip out to one of our local Japanese steakhouses (http://akasakajapaneserestaurant.com/).  We also celebrated her 50th birthday there, so we definitely spent some time reflecting back on the last five years and how much our lives have changed. For me, I was not married yet and Nathan was not even a glimmer of a thought -- it's funny how short of a time he has been part of our family, yet I forget that he hasn't always been here!

Last night we had a lot of good food, a great chef, and a really nice time.  I mean, really, how can you go wrong with Japanese food and ice cream cake?!  Happy Birthday, Mom! I hope it was great. Here are a few pictures to capture the evening...













No comments:

Post a Comment