Friday, November 18, 2011

alec's birthday.

My parents, brothers, Nathan and I made the LONG drive last week to go see my little nephew for his fourth birthday.  Time really does fly for the little ones. It seems like he was just a tiny baby!  Our 13.5 hour car ride turned into about a 16 hour drive -- my family has never been one to stick to the road.  We make lots of stops for food and then subsequent stops for bathroom breaks. Ick.

I was amazed at how well Nate traveled.  At fifteen months, I expected tantrums and lots of breaks to let him stretch his legs. Instead, he took incredibly long naps and watched Sesame Street in the van's DVD player.  Put that on my Christmas list! A DVD player for the car would be ideal.  After we got back, we drove around in my car and he kept pointing to the ceiling and saying 'Elmo'.  Smart little booger!

We had a very nice long weekend spending time with little Alec. We took pictures, opened presents, had cake, and the kids played in a bouncy house. So fun!  Here are a few pictures of the family, the fun, and the shenanigans. Enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment